Search The ForumSearch   RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

AfterLogic WebMail Lite 7

AfterLogic Forum : AfterLogic WebMail Lite 7
Subject Topic: APT repository for WebMail Lite (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 25 June 2013 at 2:03am | IP Logged  

From now on, you can automatically install and configure WebMail Lite on any Debian-compatible distribution of Linux using our new APT repository. It was tested on Debian 6/7, Ubuntu 12/13, Linux Mint 14/15.

See the following documentation page for details:

Install on Debian / Ubuntu Linux (WebMail Lite)

Please keep in mind that this distribution method is highly experimental now. If you encounter any issues, feel free to post reports in this forum thread.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support
Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

umano

Posted: 29 July 2013 at 11:05am | IP Logged  

Hello!
I've just discovered your fantastic webmail.
I would like to know if you allow symlink or alias modification to /afterlogic-webmail/ and where to modify this setting.

Also i would like to know how to switch to pro and use server wide config like the one you provide with debian package

Thanks!
Back to Top View umano's Profile Search for other posts by umano

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 29 July 2013 at 9:13pm | IP Logged  

Quote:
I would like to know if you allow symlink or alias modification to /afterlogic-webmail/ and where to modify this setting.

The package is physically placed under /var/www/afterlogic-webmail and of course you can create a symlink for it, e.g.:

Code:
ln -s /var/www/afterlogic-webmail /var/www/awmail

Quote:
Also i would like to know how to switch to pro and use server wide config like the one you provide with debian package

The DEB package is currently available for Lite only, there's no built-in way to switch to the Pro, you can install regular package of WebMail Pro instead.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support

umano

Posted: 01 August 2013 at 5:32am | IP Logged  

Thank you, and good job, imho afterlogic webmail is the best free client out there (I've also tried the most popular clients), at least for my needs and I believe for most of users, and the pro price is affordable.

I'll try the lite for few weeks and probably I'll switch to pro, for me Global Address Book a multiple mail accounts per user are worth the switch.

Cheers

Back to Top View umano's Profile Search for other posts by umano

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 01 August 2013 at 5:37am | IP Logged  

Thanks!

Quote:
for me Global Address Book a multiple mail accounts per user are worth the switch.

There's no Global address book in version 7 of WebMail Pro. Multiple email accounts are supported though. Prior to switching to licensed use of the Pro, consider downloading a trial of that version.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support

MLF

Posted: 13 January 2014 at 7:46am | IP Logged  

I used the command, "apt-get install afterlogic-webmail" to successfully install and run WebMail Lite on my raspberry pi running the raspbian os (a debian derivation). Thank you for this free software.

I've seen references to WebMail Lite version 7.1.1 here on the Web Mail Lite forum but the version that downloaded from your repository is 7.0

Is there a later version of Web Mail Lite than 7.0 for the debian distros?

Thank you,
Mark
Back to Top View MLF's Profile Search for other posts by MLF

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 13 January 2014 at 11:42pm | IP Logged  

It wasn't updated to 7.1.* yet. We're currently researching inclusion of WebMail Lite into Ubuntu repository, so we probably won't update our own one.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support

MLF

Posted: 15 January 2014 at 8:14am | IP Logged  

Thank you, Igor. Any idea when the Ubuntu repo might have a 7.1* version of WebMail Lite?

The main reason I'm interested in the update is because I'd like to restrict login so that the user must add a domain name like @xyz.com

Mark
Back to Top View MLF's Profile Search for other posts by MLF

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 15 January 2014 at 11:35pm | IP Logged  

There's no ETA yet as it's rather hard to estimate, dealing with Ubuntu repos and PPAs is something we haven't done yet before. Most likely, it's a matter of couple of months; by that time, probably 7.2 will be out :)

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 08 July 2014 at 4:55am | IP Logged  

Hello everyone!

We're pleased to announce that we have created a brand new version of Ubuntu package for WebMail Lite. Detailed information is available here. In this post, I'll cover the most critical aspects of this update.

It seems to be much more practical for both us and users if the package includes just the installer, which in turn downloads WebMail from our website. That way, you can rest assured that your installation is not updated suddenly without giving you a chance to backup any modifications you made. And, we won't have to release a new package every time WebMail is updated, too

Keep in mind that the new version of the package is not compatible with previous .deb package, so you'd need to uninstall existing one first.

WebMail Lite package currently requires Apache web server, and we're working on adding support for more web servers, nginx is going to be the priority among those.

Hopefully, the package will become a part of the official Ubuntu repository in the near future!

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 28 August 2017 at 7:32am | IP Logged  

Few years ago, we've released Debian package for WebMail Lite. In there, we used quite a simple concept - the package itself only holds the installer rather than complete product. Since then, several new releases of Ubuntu and Debian came out, and it turned out the package is no longer compatible with some of them; moreover, naming policy of PHP-related packages in Ubuntu changed quite substantially, and now we have to adapt to those changes.

We now introduce a new repository containing WebMail Lite PHP package, and it has two sections: one of them for older releases of Debian/Ubuntu, those that still use versions 5.* of PHP; the other one is for newer, PHP7-powered releases. Following the naming standards typical for Debian, those repositories are called oldstable and stable, respectively.

Now if you may be running previous release of our Debian package for WebMail Lite and willing to use the latest one, you'd have to uninstall the existing one completely first as it's not compatible.

You can find detailed info on installing, upgrading and removing the product at the documentation page: Installing on Debian / Ubuntu Linux. Your comments and suggestions are welcome on this forum page.

Also, we'll be soon releasing a similar package for WebMail Lite 8 Beta, did you check it out yet?

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version