Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
vortexofhate

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 04 April 2014 at 6:03pm | IP Logged Quote vortexofhate

As soon as change the config.php to:

'plugins.hmailserver-change-password' => true,
     'plugins.hmailserver-change-password.config.login' => 'administrator',
     'plugins.hmailserver-change-password.config.password' => 'mypassword'

I just get a white page as soon as I log into the webmail client. If I remove the code, I am able to see my webmail client with no problems. I am not getting any errors that I can tell. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here's some background info on my set up.

I have moved and renamed my data folder to lets say C:\ProgramData\webmail_data and outside of the root directory of the webmail folder. I also added in the inc_settings_path.php. Everything with the data folder being moved seems to work.

I installed the plugin at C:\ProgramData\webmail_data\plugins\hmailserver-change-password\index.php.

I am using hMailServer for the mail server and the PHP version of AfterLogics Webmail Lite. I forget the versions but I can find them out if needed. I'm running Win 2008 R2, IIS 7.5, SQL, mySQL, PHP installed. My hMailserver is using SQL for the database and AfterLogics the mySQL.

Thanks in advance!
Back to Top View vortexofhate's Profile Search for other posts by vortexofhate

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 07 April 2014 at 1:45am | IP Logged Quote Igor

To tell what's causing that, you need to check logs of PHP or webserver, something probably goes wrong on PHP level. The only suggestion we have at the moment is to make sure COM extension is not disabled in PHP configuration, it's required for this plugin to work.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support
Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

vortexofhate

Posted: 07 April 2014 at 8:02am | IP Logged Quote vortexofhate

Thanks Igor. I'll check the logs for PHP out. I'm somewhat new to PHP so that's why I decided to check here.

vortexofhate

Posted: 08 April 2014 at 12:15pm | IP Logged Quote vortexofhate

Well got it fixed. Figured I'd post up the results up here incase anyone runs into the same issue.

When I looked into the PHP logs I was getting failed to create COM object. Access is denied. I already had enabled php_com_dotnet.dll and confirmed it was in my PHP.ini. So it lead me to believe I was still having issues with enabling COM support.

Well I ended up stumbling across an article about changing the DCOM settings in Windows located here http://www.hmailserver.com/documentation/v5.3/index.php?page=howto_dcom_permissions (if not allowed to post links please edit out). The article only mentions adding the USER but for me it still did not work. I ended up having to add the USER and the GROUP "SERVERNAME\IIS_IUSRS" and give Local Launch and Local Activation permission and it now works flawlessly.

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 09 April 2014 at 2:10am | IP Logged Quote Igor

Thanks for the feedback. We had an article on similar permission-related subject for integration with ASP.NET version of WebMail, and we'll probably add that for PHP version too.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support
Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version