AfterLogic WebMail Lite 7

AfterLogic Forum : AfterLogic WebMail Lite 7
Subject Topic: Contacts Groups Not Checked Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
vortexofhate

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 10 April 2014 at 10:47am | IP Logged Quote vortexofhate

I have several groups set up and the contacts spilt out amongst the groups. When I go to the "Contacts", select a contact then "Edit contact", click "Show additional fields" the groups appear at the very bottom but none are checked. This happens with all my contacts even if they belong just to one group or multiple groups. If I update the contact,(even if I don't expand Show additional fields) it then removes them from the group.

Is this by design?

I am using the PHP version 7.2.1
Back to Top View vortexofhate's Profile Search for other posts by vortexofhate

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 11 April 2014 at 2:27am | IP Logged Quote Igor

That's certainly not an intended behavior. However, we couldn't really reproduce it. The only way we've found for reproducing this is to open "Edit contact" screen right after updating the contact, as it takes a few seconds for information on server to be updated.

If you're referring to any other case, e.g. you were editing contact long after it was added, we would need to know a way for reproducing this. For example, can you replicate the problem on a fresh account? Also, see if you can reproduce the problem on our Live Demo.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support
Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

vortexofhate

Posted: 11 April 2014 at 9:29am | IP Logged Quote vortexofhate

I'm not referring to the case you mentioned Igor. When I created a new account, the same thing happens. Were when I go to "Edit contact" none of the group boxes are checked. The contacts are part of the group and will show up if I click in the group name.

When I tried the live demo everything worked the way it should so it seems like it is something isolated to my installation. Do you have any suggestions on how to try and track down what the issue might be?

I am going to dig some more and see what I can find, then maybe try a clean install on a new clean computer to see if I can reproduce the problem on the computer.

Thanks,

Jason

vortexofhate

Posted: 11 April 2014 at 12:47pm | IP Logged Quote vortexofhate

I was able to reproduce the error and here are the steps that I took:

1) Installed a clean install of Windows 2008 R2 x64
2) Added Role IIS 7.5
     a)Enabled All Application Development items
3) Downloaded hMailServer and installed and configure a test user
4) DCOMCNFG - Security - Launch and Activation Permissions allowed IUSR and IIS_IUSRS (group) Local Launch and Local Activation
5) Downloaded Microsoft Web Platform Installer and Installed PHP 5.5.8
6) Downloaded MySQL from http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/installer/ and installed
7) Downloaded AfterLogic Webmail Lite and installed it into the wwwroot directory under a folder called webmail
     a) Moved data folder to c:\data
     b) created php include for data location - gave IUSR full control of the folder
     c) went to http://localhost/webmail/install/ and successfully installed everything
8) Log into webmail with the test user and created a group, then added a contact.
9) Applied the contact to the group then went to verify if checkbox is checked once after group was applied and it is not. I waited a little bit and reverfied if it wasn't checked and still wasn't.

Hope this helps duplicate the issue. I'm not sure if I skipped a vital step somewhere along the way or what the case might be.

If I look at the MySQL DB, I do see it has the group applied in awm_addr_groups_contacts. In the webmail it does show the contact as part of the group when you click on the group name, just when you edit it it never populates the checkboxes.

Thanks,

Jason

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 14 April 2014 at 1:48am | IP Logged Quote Igor

Thanks for your feedback. We'll try to reproduce this, and if we're successful we'll do our best to fix the problem.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 14 April 2014 at 7:19am | IP Logged Quote Igor

Okay, we've run a few tests and eventually we were able to reproduce the problem. It looks like it only occurs if WebMail is installed on Windows system, while Live Demo as well as my local install run on Linux and there are no issues there.

Developers will investigate the problem, and if hotfix is possible, we'll post it here. And of course, the fix will be included into next version of the product.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support

vortexofhate

Posted: 14 April 2014 at 8:43am | IP Logged Quote vortexofhate

Thanks for the help and the update Igor.

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 18 April 2014 at 1:41am | IP Logged Quote Igor

Developers have fixed the problem, unfortunately there's no simple hotfix possible here as a lot of files were affected. Of course, the fix will be included in the next version we plan to release till the end of this month.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version