AfterLogic Forum : AfterLogic WebMail Lite 7
Subject Topic: Automatic Logout with timeout message Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
webkingashu

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 07 July 2014 at 6:58am | IP Logged Quote webkingashu

Hi,
I have imported this thread from here This old thread, it was solved recently but appearing again.
I'm getting auto logout with Error "The previous session was terminated due to a timeout" . As suggested by Igor, have checked the error logs and nothing seems to be bad going.
Here is the link for Latest Log : Log File

All i can see is some excepion thrown like
Code:
[13:47:37.87] exception 'ProjectSeven\Exceptions\ClientException' with message 'ClientException' in /home/maped62l/public_html/mydomain.in/mail/libraries/ProjectSeven/Actions.php:295

is that a problem? Also I have installed it on a shared server, shouldnt that is causing it to behave like ?)
Thanks for your answers
Back to Top View webkingashu's Profile Search for other posts by webkingashu

webkingashu

Posted: 07 July 2014 at 7:08am | IP Logged Quote webkingashu

As suggested in old thread permissions need to be 777 on the session folder right?. Please suggest me in which directory sessions are saved, so that i can set permissions on them. However currently minimum permission are 755

Thanks

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 08 July 2014 at 4:07am | IP Logged Quote Igor

The only actual error message we can see in the logs is:

Code:
[13:47:37.87] SQLSTATE[42000] [1203] User maped62l_webm948 already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections

which probably means you've hit MySQL connection limits. You might need to speak with your hosting provider regarding raising those.

As for session folder, it's specified in PHP configuration, check session.save_path. You can see PHP configuration settings by running simple PHP script containing the following code:

Code:
<?php phpinfo();

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support
Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

webkingashu

Posted: 10 July 2014 at 7:14am | IP Logged Quote webkingashu

Hey Igor,
That was nicely spotted, thanks.

What followed is we got an one liner from hosting company   
"You are getting this error because you have hit the connection limit
i.e. 5" and then they didnt turned up again.. [It isnt an answer, just the question with removed interrogative lol)

I was wondering if is it some issue with cript? Is it not closing connections ? (I have 15 email users)
And the most horrible answer i got somewhere like .. "create multiple users for the database and use them in coding"

Any workaround will be helpful

Regards      

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 10 July 2014 at 7:31am | IP Logged Quote Igor

WebMail does not keep persistent connections to MySQL, it only opens those when applications needs to read or save data there, and closes them afterwards. In current version, we've made a lot of optimization to make sure database is used to a minimum; for example, list of account folders is no longer stored in MySQL database.

Still, there's a lot of data sent from and to database, especially when logging into WebMail. One of the most critical items there is prefetch, i.e. downloading messages in background, so that if you click one of the message in the list it opens literally instantly. The same approach is used to retrieve information about folders. And since WebMail would normally do multiple prefetch operations at the same time, you can easily hit MySQL connection limits.

You can try disabling the prefetch by adding the following item into array defined in data/settings/config.php file:

Code:
'webmail.use-prefetch' => false,

Hope this helps!

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support
Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version