Search The ForumSearch   RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

AfterLogic WebMail Lite 7

AfterLogic Forum : AfterLogic WebMail Lite 7
Subject Topic: Webmail doesn’t interface with Mailserver Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
yeslive

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 03 October 2014 at 9:12am | IP Logged Quote yeslive

I have a dedicated server with 2 GUIs WEBAMIL installed, HORDE and Roundcube.
I tried this 2 interfaces with 5 email from me created earlier, and
everything works perfectly, I can enter the email via GUI and manage all
perfectly.
The address of the WEBAMIL of these two graphical interfaces is the type (webmail.domain.it)
I went on plesk control panel and installed AfterLogic Lite Webmail gui Interface (with default address www.domain.it/webmail).
I enabled this webmail installed correctly to my domain, and I tried to leave the previous webmail enabled, or enable only this webmail.
Unfortunately I can not access the email with this Webmail, in fact I always get the error access is not performed correctly, incorrect username and password.
This problem does not allow me to use Webamil Afterlogic Lite.

Do you have any solution to this serious problem?
Back to Top View yeslive's Profile Search for other posts by yeslive

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 06 October 2014 at 1:04am | IP Logged Quote Igor

Hello,

We could use your help with checking what's going on there, so we've sent you a message over email in this regard. Thanks.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support
Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

Connectionary

Posted: 09 October 2014 at 2:07pm | IP Logged Quote Connectionary

I was having a similar problem on Media Temple's Grid Service. Not sure if its exactly the same or related, but here's what I encountered, just in case. It did seem like Webmail Lite wasn't interfacing with the server...

I've been using Webmail Lite without issue for quite some time and decided to upgrade to the latest version a couple days ago, but received errors stating incorrect user name and/or password when testing out a new email account I had added to my hosting services.

My situation is similar to the OP's--I have a webmail.domain.com mapped address as well where the issue is occurring. If I access the account with the servername, I'm able to login with the default email application Media Temple provides, so the account is there, and is active--but for some reason, Webmail Lite is not recognizing newly added email accounts.

I am able to log in with my main email account that existed prior to upgrading to the lastest version, but not with an account created since the upgrade.

I tried accessing Webmail Lite from multiple browsers and both over 'http' and 'https' to see if it makes a difference, as I prefer accessing it over the shared SSL certificate for my account. Errors both ways. I've doubled-checked incoming/outgoing server settings and ports--those are all good, and the use SSL boxes are checked.

I have debugging enabled, and would get errors for:

exception 'CApiManagerException' with message 'Unknown error'
/libraries/afterlogic/common/managers/webmail/manager.php:166

Next exception 'ProjectSeven\Exceptions\ClientException' with message 'ClientException'
/libraries/ProjectSeven/Actions.php:2538

I thought, as the OP, Webmail Lite isn't interfacing with the server. I think what happened is that in setup/install, I may have checked something to disallow users to create their own accounts, and that created the problem.

The solution, for me, at least? In settings XML...

I had the following option set:
<AllowNewUsersRegister>Off</AllowNewUsersRegister>

I didn't want to allow user registration, thinking that if I create users/accounts through my hosting's server mechanism, that logging in the first time, Webmail Lite would recognize them and add them to the MySQL database running it and all would be well.

Apparently you need to have this set to:
<AllowNewUsersRegister>On</AllowNewUsersRegister>

...in order for a new user to be recognized.

I think perhaps I was under the impression that having it set to on would allow someone to simply show up to webmail.domain.com and enter an email address and password and provision their own account, which I definitely don't want and can't have occurring. So, I had to sett AllowNewUsersRegister to On, log-in with the newly created account, then after Webmail Lite is recognizing the user, I reset AllowNewUsersRegister to Off by editing the settings.xml file via SFTP.

Maybe there could be a setting (or perhaps there is, and I may be unfamiliar with it?) that can manage this behavior more effectively? While I don't add many users and it's only an occasional thing for me, I don't want them able to be creating additional user accounts. As long as I know I can edit the settings.xml file, I'm alright. Anyway, thought I would share that just in case it's pertinent. What remains to be seen is if this will let the users change their email password. I'll find out shortly.
Back to Top View Connectionary's Profile Search for other posts by Connectionary

Alex
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 10 October 2014 at 3:47am | IP Logged Quote Alex

AllowNewUsersRegister can be ON at any time. Webmail is a mail client, it's not a mail server. Nobody will be able to actually register a new email account threre is if does not already exist on the mail server.

This setting only exists for special cases like when you're using a public mail server like Gmail or Outlook.com and don't want other existing users of these services use your webmail frontend. In case if the mail server is yours and all users there allowed to use the webmail frontend, keep it ON.

Regards
Alex
Back to Top View Alex's Profile Search for other posts by Alex

Connectionary

Posted: 15 October 2014 at 9:21pm | IP Logged Quote Connectionary

Alex, thanks for the clarification on that!
Back to Top View Connectionary's Profile Search for other posts by Connectionary

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version