Search The ForumSearch   RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

AfterLogic WebMail Lite 7

AfterLogic Forum : AfterLogic WebMail Lite 7
Subject Topic: email dates are messed up/ search folders Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
rino88au

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 18 October 2014 at 6:57pm | IP Logged Quote rino88au

I have noticed the following issues:

1-Emails are not in order by date (I'm talking about old emails that have been sorted in folders) All new inbox emails are in the right order! But when I login from roundcube or any other webmail client or even outlook or thunderbird, all email are in the correct date order by default. I have take screenshots of afterlogic webmail and roundcube of the same folder and it shows clearly how emails are not in order.

2-Other emails don't even show the year! And dates are still messed up.

The above two issues apply to all folders BUT it doesn't apply to new incoming mails. May it will if I will sort the new mails in sub folders.

3-Searching across all folders. I have over 8000 emails and so many sub folders. As I have been always using Gmail, Thunderbird and outlook, I had the habit to just search across all folders. But now, if I want to search for an email, I must click on each folder to search for that email, which is something really hard to do and it takes forever.

So, I believe searching across all folders is must thing in any mail client. Maybe you can implant (all messages) where all messages in searchable folders. Exactly as k-9 android mail app. I know this is different but I'm just trying to give you a hint.

I have removed the script and installed a freshly so many times. I have also played around with time zones and date formats but no difference in result.

As all other mail clients show the correct dates and emails are in order, then it must be something with actual afterlogic script.

Hope there is a fix for the above issues!
Back to Top View rino88au's Profile Search for other posts by rino88au

DerDanilo

Posted: 22 October 2014 at 3:05am | IP Logged Quote DerDanilo

I didn't have this particular problem yet, but I'd much appreciate a search feature for all folders, even if I have to tick a box to make webmail search recusive.

We have several hundred users that we'll switch to Afterlogic webmail soon, who will then miss the features to search in all folders.

I know that this might produce more serverload, but it's still faster than searching in all folders manually.

Thanks!
Back to Top View DerDanilo's Profile Search for other posts by DerDanilo

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 22 October 2014 at 3:17am | IP Logged Quote Igor

rino88au, did you check the recommendations found at this documentation page?

As for searching over multiple folders, currently the product architecture doesn't support that approach, but this may change in the future.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support
Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

rino88au

Posted: 23 October 2014 at 4:52am | IP Logged Quote rino88au

Igor, I have done the required changes as per the documentation page.

The only thing that made dates in the correct order is disabling message threading! But this is not a fix of the issue as the server supporting imap threading without a problem with other webmail scripts that I have tried in the past few days!

Threading view is one of the main thing that I need!

But thanks for your reply

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 23 October 2014 at 4:58am | IP Logged Quote Igor

We definitely agree that threading and sorting should work together, and we already have this implemented for the upcoming 7.4.1 release. Most likely, the new version will be released within a week and it's going to have this functionality working as expected.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support
Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

rino88au

Posted: 23 October 2014 at 3:39pm | IP Logged Quote rino88au

Sounds good

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic