AfterLogic Forum : AfterLogic WebMail Lite 7
Subject Topic: Sending E-Mails fails Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
holzers

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 09 March 2015 at 11:08am | IP Logged Quote holzers

Hi everybody!

I've recently installed AL Webmail Lite on my server and everything run fine - now after not sending e-Mails for a couple of days, I can't send them anymore at all.

Turning on Debug-Mode in Admin Panel didn't help either - no log is created. So i added "'labs.webmail.display-server-error-information' => true," to the data/settings/config.php config-array.

This helped me at least get the following error-message:
      An error occurred during sending the message. (MailSo-Smtp-Exceptions-LoginBadMethodException (SmtpClient.php ~ 259))

Login should work (since i can read the emails?)
SMTP is 465, same login as IMAP - so I think the credentials are okay.

Can anybody help me out?

Thanks!

ps.: Version is 7.4.2

ps2.: If SMTP-Auth is disabled and port set to 25, sending works fine! But I wouldn't want all the messages sent without smtp-auth - what am i doing wrong?
Back to Top View holzers's Profile Search for other posts by holzers

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 10 March 2015 at 5:11am | IP Logged Quote Igor

Quote:
Login should work (since i can read the emails?)
SMTP is 465, same login as IMAP - so I think the credentials are okay.

Well, IMAP and SMTP work independently, so having IMAP access functional doesn't necessarily mean SMTP would work.

To check what exactly is causing the problem, it would be necessary to have the logs enabled and make sure web server can actually write into the log files, so you need to make sure permissions are set correctly for the data folder of WebMail installation.

Quote:
If SMTP-Auth is disabled and port set to 25, sending works fine! But I wouldn't want all the messages sent without smtp-auth - what am i doing wrong?

In fact, that's a known behavior for some mail servers, GoDaddy for example. Most likely, they detect that you have email client installed locally and allow sending mails without authentication, consider checking that with your email service provider as that's not something we could assist with.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support
Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version