AfterLogic Forum : AfterLogic WebMail Lite 7
Subject Topic: Message list loading problem Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
edemmester

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 26 August 2015 at 2:31pm | IP Logged Quote edemmester

Hi!

I'm using AfterLogic WebMail light and it worked perfectly... until today evening. Today when I logged in with my main email address, it said that "An error occurred when retrieving message list.". I tried it with an other account and that worked perfectly, only this one is broken. I enabled logging on ControlPanel then cleared the log then reloaded the page, here is the log file: http://edemmester.hu/webmail-log-forum.txt

If anyone has any idea on how can I solve this issue then please let me know. Thank you for your help!
Back to Top View edemmester's Profile Search for other posts by edemmester

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 27 August 2015 at 3:44am | IP Logged Quote Igor

Hello,

Something rather strange is going on there, according to the logs. WebMail sends IMAP command which is supposed to retrieve list of threaded messages:

Code:
UID THREAD REFS UTF-8 ALL

and according to server's capabilities output, this functionality is supported by the server:

Code:
[21:30:03.75][f888f2d5] IMAP[DATA]: < * CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ ... THREAD=REFERENCES THREAD=REFS THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT ...

But it seems that mail server terminates the connection right after the command is sent there.

As a workaround, I'd suggest to disable message threading and see if that helps. But the recommended way is to check this with your mailserver administrator or support team.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support
Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

edemmester

Posted: 27 August 2015 at 10:32am | IP Logged Quote edemmester

Hello,

thanks for your help. I disabled message threading for my account and it works fine now. I will open a support ticket at my hosting provider's site and I hope that they can say something about the problem. If they say something that can help other people with the same problem then I will post it here. Thanks for your answer, it helped a lot.
Back to Top View edemmester's Profile Search for other posts by edemmester

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version