Search The ForumSearch   RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

AfterLogic WebMail Lite 7

AfterLogic Forum : AfterLogic WebMail Lite 7
Subject Topic: High resource usage, help me get it down? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
onefreeinternet

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 16 November 2015 at 7:40am | IP Logged Quote onefreeinternet

Hello everyone :) it's me again

I'm looking to get the resource usage of the wordpress plugin of webmail lite to be smaller. Even when I'm logged out of email, it seems to check for emails, and I feel like that alone slows down the system a lot.

I also think that it tries to pre-load all the emails from the database as opposed to requesting the emails as they are needed.

What code modifications can I make will take down the amount of resources this webmail lite uses?

Thank you,
-C
Back to Top View onefreeinternet's Profile Search for other posts by onefreeinternet

Alex
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 16 November 2015 at 9:23am | IP Logged Quote Alex

WebMal Lite does not use database to store emails at all, it can just get them directly from IMAP server when you log in a mailbox. That's all there. I think this Wordpress fork you're talking about does these background activities but we have no idea how it works.

Even more, https://wordpress.org/plugins/email-client/ seems to be a paid product while WebMail Lite is free and open source. We never authorized anybody to sell any forks of our WebMail Lite (not to mention the fact that the vendor gets your money while when it comes to techsupport, he redirects you to us - who are giving this product for free to everyone on "as-is" basis).

Regards,
Alex
Back to Top View Alex's Profile Search for other posts by Alex

onefreeinternet

Posted: 16 November 2015 at 12:05pm | IP Logged Quote onefreeinternet

Yes, it was most upsetting that I found you guys after I purchased that plugin. Frustrating really. But I guess I'm paying for his integration with wordpress? I have no idea. :(
Back to Top View onefreeinternet's Profile Search for other posts by onefreeinternet

Alex
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 17 November 2015 at 8:02am | IP Logged Quote Alex

All I can say is that our product indeed does not store any email in database (or anything else like that) and you should contact that guy and convince him to work for the money he charges you.

Or, you can install a separate fresh version of original WebMail Lite on your server and check how it works there. Of course, there will be no Wordpress integration there but you can at least check if this issue happens there too.

Regards,
Alex
Back to Top View Alex's Profile Search for other posts by Alex

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version