AfterLogic Forum : AfterLogic WebMail Lite 7
Subject Topic: SSL issue with hMailServer Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
urshanabi

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 23 January 2014 at 9:45am | IP Logged Quote urshanabi

Hi

First of all, thank you for developing WebMail Lite.

I was using hMailServer with SSL certificate (smtp 587 pop3 995) and with email clients like outlook it works, although i had to accept ssl certificate to enable to read and send emails.

Now i installed WebMail Lite and configured. If i dont use SSL everything works fine. When I use SSL in hMailServer I get following error. an example of ssl use is to be found on this image http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/library/techarticles/1210_rohira1/images/Figure3.jpg

[05:33:48.71] [INFO] Error: Socket connection has been refused by remote host. InnerException message follows: The handshake failed due to an unexpected packet format.
[05:33:48.71] [INFO] Error: IOException occurred. InnerException message follows: The handshake failed due to an unexpected packet format.

Could you help me with that please?
Thanks in advance.

///////////A WHILE LATER///////////////////
Somehow I could manage to get emails over POP3 955 via SSL. now the only problem is with SMTP 587 (SSL).

as far as i know "Unable to read data from the transport connection" has something to do with SSL.

[06:19:55.62] [INFO] Error: The socket object used by MailBee was unexpectedly closed. InnerException message follows: Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

------------------------------------------------------------
[23.01.2014 06:19:55] ERROR!!!
[Message]
The socket object used by MailBee was unexpectedly closed. InnerException message follows: Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.
[TargetSite]
Int32 Read(Byte[], Int32, Int32)
[Stack Trace]
   at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
   at a.l.a(Byte[] A_0, Int32 A_1)
[Method]: a
[Line, Column]: [0, 0]
[23.01.2014 06:19:55] ERROR!!!
[Message]
Can't connect to SMTP server. Check SMTP server settings.
[TargetSite]
Void SendMail(WebMail.Account, WebMail.WebMailMessage, System.String)
[Stack Trace]
   at WebMail.Smtp.SendMail(Account account, WebMailMessage message, String dataFolder)
   at WebMail.BaseWebMailActions.SendMessage(WebMailMessage msg, Boolean SaveMail)
   at WebMail.XmlPacketManager.SendMessage(XmlElement webmailNode, XmlPacketMessage message)
   at WebMail.XmlPacketManager.CreateServerXmlDocumentResponse(XmlPacket clientPacket)
[Method]: SendMail
[Line, Column]: [0, 0]
[23.01.2014 06:19:55][] - <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< OUT <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
[23.01.2014 06:19:55][] - <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><webmail><error><![CDATA[Can't connect to SMTP server. Check SMTP server settings.]]></error></webmail>
[23.01.2014 06:19:55][] - <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< OUT <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Back to Top View urshanabi's Profile Search for other posts by urshanabi

urshanabi

Posted: 23 January 2014 at 11:48am | IP Logged Quote urshanabi

IS there any way to tell Mailbee to use certificate to send email? I could not find any configuration parameter for that.

hMailServer returns
"TCPIP"     2324     "2014-01-23 07:41:11.472"     "TCPConnection - SSL handshake with client failed. Error code: 335544539, Message: short read, Remote IP:

when i try to send emails over SMTP 587 with SSL.
Back to Top View urshanabi's Profile Search for other posts by urshanabi

Alex
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 24 January 2014 at 5:49am | IP Logged Quote Alex

587 is not SSL port. 465 is SSL port. I guess that's the reason of your issue.

Regards,
Alex
Back to Top View Alex's Profile Search for other posts by Alex

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version